when you look back on your life, you won’t so much regret the things you did, as the things you didn’t do.
i realize that i should be getting to sleep, but thoughts keep, ahem, keeping me awake at night. i think i’ll list them here, for peace of mind – maybe putting them in a list will calm my nerves.
P.S. HELLO juvenile problemas!
- omg, omg, omg, omg. debate. states is this friday, what am i going to do, what am i going to DO? i’m so nervous. sososososo nervous. i narrowly avoided having a practice round today by a stroke of luck – thank you, T! but there’s no avoiding rounds at states – the whole point of going, supposedly, is to compete.
- days with my father. it was the most touching, heartfelt, and haunting piece i’ve read in a while. it’s made be seriously think about life, about my priorities and values and everything in between.
- a certain letter i sent.
- “tongues, always pressed to your cheeks, while my tongue is on the inside of some other girl’s teeth. tell your boyfriend, if he says he’s got BEEF, that i’m a VEGETARIAN and i aint fuckin’ scared of him!” “and the set list you stole off the stage has red&purple lipstick all over the page.” “and the best is, no one knows who you are; just another girl, alone at the bar!”
- the spectator. i’m going to the interest meeting tomorrow, and i’m nervous – what if i don’t make it? getting my thoughts down by typing them out on paper is one of the ways i unwind – i don’t know what i would do without reading or writing, without magazines, blogs, facebook, this blog, BOOKS.
- my hair. why does it get greasy so fast? its nice now, but there’s swim gym tomorrow, and its guaranteed to be FUCKED UP by the chlorine & swim cap.
- aaaah it’s 12, no beauty sleep for me. oh no.
Philip Toledano’s blog starts with this:
A sweet, touching, haunting memoir, it reminds me of the meaning of life. And of why I cling to some friends while I dispell others without a second thought. Why some people draw me in, make me want to spend days on end with them.
Because they make me feel like I don’t want to be living in a book – that real life is better.
And that’s what this blog made me think about. So go, please, read this story.
This story about love.
okay, so here’s one of my secret guilty pleasures – victoria’s secret pink. the cute little pink dog? the sweet, flirty patterns? just right for me. i mean, i’m fifteen. pink is appropriate up into somewhere in your twenties – so i’ve got quite a few years left!
all of their stuff is just so cute and pink and adorable! if i had the money, i’d buy it all. unfortunately, i can’t afford it all! so, i use cards & gifts & sales =]
i love the floaty, airiness of this show. the hairstyles are so fabulous, and the feathers and the pastels? so. french.
meanwhile, the birds are chirping outside and the sun is shining. why am i inside? part of it may be that the weekend is almost over, and tomorrow i rejoin the world of the dead – school.
wish me luck.